Preparation time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Tandoori Cottage Cheese Salad:
- 1 kg cottage cheese (paneer)
- 20 gms capsicum
- 20 gm tomatoes
- 20 gm onions
- 20 gm pineapple
- ½ tsp balck cumin
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup cream
- ¾ cup yogurt, drained
- 2 tbsp gramflour/cornflour
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp saffron
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- Butter for basting
- 2 tsp chaat masala (optional)
Directions for making Tandoori Cottage Cheese Salad:
- Wash and cut the cottage cheese, vegetables and pineapple into 4 cm cubes.
- Mix black cumin, white pepper, garam masala, turmeric powder, 2/3 of the lemon juice and salt together. Add the cottage cheese cubes to this mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix together, the cream, yoghurt and gramflour/cornflour. Add remaining ingredients (except butter) and whisk to a fine batter.
- Add the refrigerated cottage cheese cubes, pineapple cubes and vegetables to the batter and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 150 to 175 degrees C.
- Skewer 6 paneer cubes and 4 vegetables-pineapple pieces per skewer (one portion) and pack tightly together.
- Roast in an oven/tandoor/charcoal grill for 5-6 minutes, basting regularly with melted butter.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and the remaining lemon juice. Serve hot, garnished with slices of cucumber, tomato or onion and accompanied by mint chutney.
- Enjoy your Tandoori Cottage Cheese Salad. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top