Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Tangy Aubergine with Coconut:
- 400 gm aubergines / brinjals
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp poppy (khus khus) seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp tamarind
- ½ cup mustard oil
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 10 curry leaves
- 2 1/3 tbsp coconut, desiccated
Directions for making Tangy Aubergine with Coconut:
- Roast coriander, cumin, poppy and sesame seeds on a tawa (griddle), pound them, and keep aside. Roast coconut and keep aside.
- Wash and soak tamarind in warm water (1 cup) for 10 minute. Mash well, squeeze to extract juice and strain, discard the pulp.
- Slice aubergines about three-fourths of the length without separating them at the stem end.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or wok. Stir fry the aubergines and set aside.
- In the same oil, brown the ginger and garlic pastes, ground spices, turmeric, red chilli powder, salt, curry leaves and coconut.
- Stir occasionally. Add a little water if mixture begins to burn.
- Add the aubergines along with water (1 cup). Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tamarind juice and simmer till the curry thickens.
- Serve hot, accompanied by plain boiled rice or any Indian bread.
- Enjoy your Tangy Aubergine with Coconut. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top