Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Ingredients for Tomatoes Stuffed with Mushrooms:
- 15 tomatoes (round and firm)
- 2 ½ cups mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- ½ cup tomato pulp, fresh/canned
- 1 tsp green chillies, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp black cumin powder, roasted
- 2 tsp green coriander, chopped
For the sauce:
- 5 tsp oil
- 2/3 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tsp onions, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 ½ cups tomatoes, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp cream
- 2/3 tsp mace powder
Directions for making Tomatoes Stuffed with Mushrooms:
- Slice the tops of the tomatoes, scoop out the pulp, drain upside down on a paper towel. Keep the tops aside.
- heat oil in a pan, sauté the onions, garlic and tomato pulp over medium heat until the moisture completely evaporates and the oil separates from the curry.
- Stir in green chillies and mushrooms. Cook over high heat for 10 to 15 minutes till the water dries.
- Add salt, garam masala, chopped mint leaves, lemon juice, black cumin powder and half of the green coriander. Cool the mixture.
- Fill each tomato cup with the mushroom mixture and cover with the tomato top. Bake the stuffed tomatoes in a greased baking tray for 15 minutes.
- For the sauce, heat oil in a pan. Saute the cardamoms, bay leaf, onions, garlic and chopped tomatoes. Then add water (2 cups) and salt, cook for about 30 minutes.
- Strain the sauce through a fine sieve. Transfer to a saucepan and bring to a slow boil. Add cream and mace powder.
- Pour the sauce over the baked tomatoes and sprinkle the remaining half of the green coriander before serving.
- Enjoy your Tomatoes Stuffed with Mushrooms. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top