Ingredients for Tomato Timbales:
- 6 medium-sized round tomatoes
- 750 gm potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2 cups green peas, boiled and crushed
- 7 bread slices, soaked in water
- 2 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
Directions for making Tomato Timbales:
- Cut tops off tomatoes and scoop flesh, but reserve tops.
- Squeeze water out of bread slices and crumble them in a bowl.
- Add potatoes, garam masala and salt.
- Mix well, divide in 6 portions and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
- Add peas, tomato puree, turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala and salt.
- Stir fry until mixture is dry. Remove from heat and cool.
- Fill tomatoes with peas mixture. Replace tops.
- Enclose each stuffed tomato in a potato mixture.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Deep fry tomato balls until golden brown. Drain.
- Cut in two halves and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve as a snack or main dish.
- Enjoy your Tomato Timbales. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top