Vegetables Cutlets or Okra Gojju is a dish popular in many south Indian households, particulary in Karnataka. It goes well with chappati, dosa or plain rice.
Ingredients for Vegetables Cutlets:
- 500 gm potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 125 gm carrots, grated
- 125 gm frozen peas
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 small capsicum, finely chopped
- 100 gm breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ cup flour
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
Directions for making Vegetables Cutlets:
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a saucepan.
- Sauté vegetables.
- Add mashed potatoes, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir fry for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Shape mixture in the form of small cutlets.
- Make a paste of flour in 2 cups of water.
- Dip cutlets in flour paste and coat them with breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Serve with tomato sauce or coconut mint chutney.
- Enjoy your Vegetables Cutlets. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Variation: Vegetarian Burgers: Sandwich cutlet in buttered burger buns with shredded cabbage and carrot, slice of cucumber and a teaspoon of chopped onion mixed with tomato sauce.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top