Vegetable Kofta is a rich vegetable balls curry made with cheese mixed with mashed vegetables. Vegetable Kofta makes an extra special party favourite. Vegetable Kofta is a popular North Indian side dish usually taken with chappathis, puris or plain rice.
Ingredients for Vegetable Kofta:
- 6 big Potatoes
- 3 cups Carrots (sliced)
- 3 Onions (sliced finely)
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1 inch Ginger (chopped)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp Cloves powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 Tomatoes (pureed)
- 1/4 tsp Chilli powder
- Salt and Black pepper
- Flour for coating
- Oil for deep frying
- For Garnishing - 4 tbsp. thick cream and chopped fresh corriander leaves.
Directions for making Vegetable Kofta:
- Cook the potatoes and carrots and mash them up. Mix salt and pepper to taste. Reserve the vegetable stock.
- Form the mixture into small balls, coat with flour and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Keep it aside. Fry onions in oil till golden brown. Add ginger, garlic, cloves, cinnamon, turmeric and a little water.
- Cook for 2 mins. Add the tomato puree and simmer till it forms a thick sauce.
- Then add the stock, pepper, salt and chilli powder and bring to boil. Place the cooked koftas in the sauce and simmer for some time.
- Add the cream just before serving and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Enjoy your Vegetable Kofta. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top