Vegetable kurma is a favorite and quite a common dish among South Indians.
Ingredients for Vegetable Kurma:
- 2 cups Vegetables
- 2 Onions cut length-wise
- 2 Green chilies cut length-wise
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- one pinch Turmeric powder
- 1/2" Cinnamon stick
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 tblsp Coconut powder
- 1 tsp Khus-Khus (poppy seeds)
- 1/4 tsp (3 cloves) Garlic
- 1/4 tsp powder (or 1/2" fresh) Ginger
Directions for making Vegetable Kurma:
- Put a reasonable sized vessel on the range and heat oil.
- Add cinnamon, cloves and cardamom and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add onions and green chilies and fry till onions turn brown.
- Add garlic and ginger paste and fry for a minute or so.
- Add vegetables and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add Water (about a cup or two). Let the vegetables and turmeric powder cook. If you are using canned or frozen vegetables skip the above step.
- Add coconut paste, khus-khus, salt and wait until cooked. (Note: Cook on low heat.)
- Enjoy your Vegetable Kurma. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top