Ingredients for Vegetables Beans and Lentil Curry:
- 10 gm yellow split peas
- 10 gm green split peas
- 20 gm chick peas
- 10 gm masoor (orange lentil)
- 10 gm black-eyed beans
- 200 gm cauliflower, parboiled and cut into florets
- 7 shallots, sliced
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 200 gm home-made cottage cheese, cubed
- 4 tbsp ghee or clarified butter
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- Juice of half a lemon (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 red chillies
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- 5 gms ginger, minced
Directions for making Vegetables Beans and Lentil Curry:
- Soak peas, beans and lentils together in water for 6 hours.
- Drain and pressure cook with 2 cups of water and salt.
- Heat ghee in a large sauce pan and fry shallots for 3 minutes, then add cauliflower and fry for one minute.
- Add all the sauce ingredients and stir fry for further 3 minutes.
- Pour in lentil soup along with tomato puree and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Fry cubes of cottage cheese until golden brown.
- Add cheese cubes to curry and simmer for further 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, decorated with tomato slices and coriander. If desired, sprinkle lemon juice.
- Enjoy your Vegetables Beans and Lentil Curry. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top