This Indian gravy goes well with paneer chunks, mixed vegetables with a few pineapples bits, potato and peas, etc.
Ingredients for White Gravy:
- 1 cup fresh curds
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1 tsp. grated cheese or paneer
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. cashewnuts broken
- 1 tbsp. peanuts husked & lightly roasted
- 1 tsp. khuskhus seeds soaked in 2 tbsp. milk for 1 hour
- 3 green chillies
- 1 piece ginger
- 1 tsp. coriander finely chopped
- 1 slice dayold bread white
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3-4 glazed or canned cherries (optional)
- salt to taste
- 1/5 tsp. cinnamon-clove powder
- 3 tbsp. ghee or oil
Directions for making White Gravy:
- Grind together in a dry mixie, cashew, peanuts and bread.
- Grind together in a wet mixie, onion, ginger, chillies, khuskhus with milk.
- Heat fat in a heavy pan, add onion mixture, saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add curds and cook, stirring continuously till whiteness of curds disappears.
- Add milk, bring to a boil, add sugar, salt, dry mixture, spice powder, cream.
- Stir gently till boil resumes. Add vegetables, etc. at this stage.
- Cook covered for few minutes till thickened.
- Garnish with grated cheese, coriander and cherries.
- Enjoy your White Gravy. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top